St John's First Motorised Ambulance
Originally a horse-drawn vehicle, the property of the City of Norwich, it was donated to North Walsham to transport patients to the Cottage Hospital. At a cost of 150 it was motorised by a 20hp Belsize engine with the work being carried out at Albert Walkers Garage on Yarmouth Road.
The picture shows George Burton Fuller, Divisional Superintendent of St John, standing by its rear door before it set off on its first journey to Bury St Edmunds in November 1927.
This archive item has been viewed 2282 time(s).
< Previous North Walsham Photograph