Probably taken about 1910. There is no mention of the Sanitary Laundry Company in the Trade Directories around that time. Much of the area between Hall Lane and New Road had been part of the Oaks Estate and, perhaps there was still 31/2 acres of meadow in 1910. By 1912, Beech Grove on New Road was the home of Sidney Hare, who joined the staff of the Paston School in that year.
"The Works" probably refers to the old Steam Engine Works of 1880 which later became Park Hall on the corner of New Road and Pound Road.
Archive Website ID: 187 This archive item has been viewed 2665 time(s).