The nearest house on the right was formerly The Three Horse Shoes pub which closed in 1906. Just beyond that is the blacksmith's shops and at the far end is the Congregational Church, a Meeting House for the Protestant Independents which was founded in 1808 and closed in 1857 with the opening of a new chapel on Antingham Road (now called Cromer Road). The building was then used as a Sunday School. According to various source there was a previous church from 1657 to 1808 which may have stood on the same site.
Archive Website ID: 1024 This archive item has been viewed 946 time(s).