North Walsham & District Community Archive
2024 Archive Calendar
North Walsham Guide
Francis Frith Photos
North Walsham 1880
North Walsham 1890
North Walsham 1900
North Walsham 1910
North Walsham 1920
North Walsham 1930
North Walsham 1940
North Walsham 1950
North Walsham 1960
North Walsham 1970
North Walsham 1980
North Walsham 1990
In the Press
North Walsham History
About the group
You are here: Photo Archive
North Walsham, Norfolk photos from 1930
Cottage Hospital, North Walsham.
Burrell and Craske Jobmaster and Carrier 48 Bacton Road
Thelma London at school in Lodin during the second world war. Thelma is holding the placard.
Fred Marjoram's Shop (Open 1901)
Fred Marjoram's Shop
Police, North Walsham Division
Albert Walker's Garage
Bluebell Pond and Pub, Bacton Road, North Walsham.
Postcard of 14 Bradfield Road, North Walsham
Fire at Farman's stack yard of reeds in Park Lane, North Walsham near the Aylsham Road junction.(see scouts in 1927).
Claude Leatherdale outside the London Central Meat Company shop at 20 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham.... later moved to 10 Market Place
North Walsham Hornets football team winners of Charity Shield
GER "Claud Hamilton" 4-4-0, No.1875, crossing Aylsham Road on North Walsham's "Main" line towards Cromer.
William Royall, publican of the Trunch New Inn, collecting a client from the North Walsham "Main" Railway Station, Norwich Road.
North Walsham Market Place. Number Plate in foreground was registered in London in 1925.
Joseph, Ellen, Eileen and Elsie Shaw
The North Walsham Vicarage, Yarmouth Road.
Publicity postcard for Hadfield's sugar beet fertiliser sold by E.A.Gaze, Corn & Seed Merchant, Happisburgh Road, North Walsham
Henry William Coe, Plumber and Glazier, No. 8 Bacton Road. (looking east towards Church Street)
Rear view of the Cross Keys Hotel taken from the Cross Keys Yard. The door to the Lounge Bar is on the far left.
Contributed by Carol Needham
Girls' High School buildings c 1930
Market Place / Church Street. 1925 - 1935.
Stow Mill, Paston near Mundesley
Westwick Arch, looking South. Originally dove-cot/ gateway to the Westwick Estate
Millfield Works, Norwich Road, in 1930's (sketched by A.Gaymer). Home of Cornish & Gaymer, Ecclesiastical Builders....( Duncan Canneries from 1940)
Orchard Garden's Bowls Club
There are currently 78 entries in the North Walsham Archive website.